Looking to work in Recruitment? Here’s what you need to know.
If you have just finished university or are looking for a new opportunity, you may have considered a career in the Recruitment industry. With numerous recruitment agencies looking for candidates across various sectors, it’s an industry with plenty of choice for those looking to join. It is therefore essential you identify not only the kind of organisation you would like to work for, but how they can provide you with the right tools to succeed.
This will differ depending on the route you decide to take. At Kyna Associates members of our team have the choice of becoming Recruitment Consultants, Senior Resourcing Executives or Account Managers depending on their ambitions:
- Recruitment Consultant: This role involves developing relationships with both clients and candidates in order to find and fill new vacancies. If you’re interested in researching potential clients and identifying their future needs, building relationships with senior decision makers and selling your skills and expertise, this could be the route for you.
- Senior Resourcing Consultant: To be successful in this role, you’ll need to be passionate about customer service and providing consultative advice. As a Senior Resourcing Consultant you’ll be identifying high-calibre candidates and successfully guiding them through the recruitment process from that first point of contact, through to finding out how they are getting on in their new position.
- Account Manager: In this role you would be responsible for managing our existing high-profile clients and building long-standing relationships. You could also be identifying areas where we could provide extra services, arranging interviews, setting up meetings and ensuring the recruitment process of every vacancy is managed as efficiently as possible. If organisation and time management makes you tick, this is the role for you!
Whatever route you decide to take or whatever industry you decide to work in, interpersonal and communication skills are essential to succeed in Recruitment. Further essential skills include:
- Excellent organisation and time management skills
- Ability to work both individually and as part of a team
- Problem solving and decision making
- Confidence and tenacity
You will also need to be ambitious and determined to succeed; no two days in recruitment are the same so you will have to be patient and self-motivated when things get difficult!
Salary: Typically within recruitment you can expect a basic salary as well as a performance bonus or commission. Requirements for commission vary across agencies so make sure you’re fully aware of the commission structure in place and whether you could realistically meet those targets.
Due to the fast-paced (and often difficult!) world of recruitment, there are also more benefits than you’d expect in any other industry. Here at Kyna Associates, our incentives range from earning an extra 12 days off every year, to paid weekends abroad for you and a friend!
Professional Development: As part of joining Kyna Associates, you will be provided with an extensive training plan to equip you with the skills and knowledge required to succeed in this industry and achieve your career ambitions. Whether you’re recruiting for board level executives, software developers or marketing and sales professionals, we’ll provide you with the industry knowledge to make sure you understand your markets.
Making a difference: One of the many things which makes Kyna Associates different is the passion we have for customer service. In fact, we’re the only recruitment consultancy in the UK with a 100% positive rating on the independent feedback website Feefo, where we invite every candidate who has been through our process to leave a review of their experience with us.
Whether you are about to take your first step into the recruitment industry or you are looking for a more experienced position with a company which cares about the service it provides to its clients, candidates and employees, click here to get in touch with Kyna Associates, otherwise give us a call on 0800 9875 860.