This Privacy Notice tells you what to expect in relation to personal information about you which is collected, handled and processed by Kyna Associates Ltd, Registered No. 07508107, 582-586 Kingsbury Road, Erdington, Birmingham, B24 9ND. We acknowledge and agree that any personal data of yours that we handle will be processed in accordance with all applicable data protection laws in force from time to time. Currently, the General Data Protection Regulations (“GDPR”). All the personal data we have is stored on our database in the EU.
The information about you we may collect, hold and process is set out below:
Information collected and processed for finding you a suitable role is as follows:
Your email addresses
Your telephone numbers
Job preferences including role, geographical areas and salary
Any other work-related information you provide, for example, education or training certificates
Information in respect to individuals that have worked for us previously or may work for us is as follows:
Passport/Proof of ID
In some cases, permits and visas
National insurance number/UTR
Full details of job offer and placement
Outcome of criminal record checks and security clearance for certain roles
In certain cases, medical information
Financial information (including but not limited to payroll details and terms, HMRC data, pension scheme details, court orders and statutory payments)
A log of our communications with you by email and telephone
How we use the information
This information will have been provided, or will be provided, by you or a third party who we work with, such as a Job Board Company or another employment business or agency. In the case of references, these will be from your previous employer. Medical information may be supplied by a third party such as your GP, Consultant or Occupational Health. The outcome of criminal record checks and security clearance checks, where relevant, will be supplied by the Disclosure and Barring Service or other external company applicable to the placement.
The above information is used to provide our services to you in our capacity as an employment business / agency to find you suitable work whether on a temporary or permanent basis based on your requirements as set out below.
The information under A above may be used as follows:
To match your skill sets with job vacancies to assist in finding you the positions that most suit you
To put forward your details to our clients and prospective employers for you to be considered for vacancies
To place you with our clients and prospective employers
To keep you informed of available opportunities as they arise
To keep you informed of the services offered by us
The information under B above may be used as follows:
To establish that you have the right to work
To undertake relevant security and criminal record checks as required by our clients and prospective employers and as permitted by law
To deal with any medical and health and safety issues relating to certain positions
To put in place contractual arrangements and documentation once a role has been secured
To pay you if placed
How we hold the information
Disclosure of your information Your CV and related information will be shared or sent to prospective employers and our clients. Once you have secured a placement additional information will be provided to them to enable the placement to proceed. Such employers and clients will usually be located inside the European Economic Area (EEA) but may be outside of the EEA. Personal data shall not be transferred to a country or territory outside the EEA unless that country or territory ensures an adequate level of protection or the appropriate safeguards are in place for your rights and freedoms. Before such a transfer takes place outside of the EEA, we will provide you with further information concerning this.
Other trusted third parties that we may share your data with are as follows:
HM Revenue and Customs, pension scheme providers, legal advisors and other companies for the purpose of undertaking pre-engagement checks for the role or for paying you.
What is the legal basis for processing the information?
We will rely on your verbal consent to process the information which is collected at the outset of the recruitment process.
Information and documentation to establish your right to work is processed by us as we are legally obliged to do so.
In respect of medical information, the basis for us processing this will depend on the circumstances but will usually be for one of the following reasons: it is necessary to protect health and safety or to prevent discrimination on the grounds of disability or where consent has been obtained, if required.
Information in relation to criminal record checks, which are relevant for some roles, will be processed on the basis that it is necessary for us to comply with the law or consent will be obtained, if required. Once a position has been found for you, we will process your personal data, including financial information, for the purpose of you entering into a contract to fulfil your role and to enable us to pay you, depending on the specific contractual arrangements and circumstances.
For the purposes of paying you, where relevant, we are legally obliged to provide information to HMRC.
Once a placement has been secured, we may also process your data on the basis of our legitimate interests i.e. for administrative purposes.
Your rights You currently have the right at any time to ask for a copy of the information about you that we hold. Under GDPR, we will not charge a fee for this. If you would like to make a request for information, please email email@example.com In addition to this right of access, you will also have the following rights: erasure and restriction of processing
Retention of your data Your data will be retained for no longer than is necessary and in accordance with our GDPR Policy.
Withdrawal of consent If you have provided us with your verbal consent to process your data, for the purpose of using our services and us finding you suitable work, you have the right to withdraw this at any time. In order to do so you should contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Concerns If you have a concern about the way we are collecting or using your personal data, you should raise your concern with us in the first instance or directly to Information Commissioners Office at https:\\ico.org.uk\concerns
Kyna Associates is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Kyna Associates may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 26/02/2011.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to our registered address
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by Kyna Associates and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of Kyna Associates. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, Kyna Associates takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
This website and its content is copyright of Kyna Associates – © Kyna Associates 2011. All rights reserved.
Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
- you may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only
- you may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material
You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.
Website usage terms and conditions
The term ‘Kyna Associates’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to Kyna Associates Ltd, reg no. 07508107 office. 582-586 Kingsbury Road, Erdington, Birmingham, B24 9ND. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- You may not create a link to this website from another website or document without Kyna Associates’ prior written consent.
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Scotland and Wales.